Telecommuting, also known as remote work, is a flexible way to perform professional activity from a place other than the office during working hours. It encompasses a wide range of activities and can be done both full-time and part-time.
That is, we speak of a “tr”down from desk” at a distance. From coworking centers, our houses or any other space with an internet connection. New technologies are the most important basis of remote work, since it facilitates the realization of all professional activityional. Through laptops and smartphones we can have access to video conferencing, VoIP calling, databases, data transfers, virtual meetings and much more.
Today, it is increasingly common to talk about this term and there are many companies that adapt to the new times and offer this type of work as a possibility of a few days or even total, since new technologies allow you to do it.
If we talk about teleworking in the field of digital marketing, we can say that it is an upward trend,since it allows connecting professionals from different cities and taking advantage of all the skills. This work model is better adapted in some activities than in others, but in digital marketing it is a perfectly feasible alternative, regardless of the role of each worker.
The advantages offered by teleworking for employees
- Fewer commutes,which means fewer expenses and risks inherent in mobility.
- Greater autonomy and mobility
- Less stress or anxiety
- Choice of working environment, as well as temperature, light or noise conditions.
- Greater flexibility of the schedule, adjusting the working times according to the daily working day contracted.
The advantages offered by teleworking for companies
- Lower costs for the company, since some are assumed by the worker
- Increased employee satisfaction
- Increased productivity by workers due to work by objectives
- Fewer complications in controlling schedules
- Improvements in delivery times
- Elimination of absenteeism since employees must meet their objectives so they regulate their time better when working from home.
- Greater use of jobs
- Access to high-level professionals who for reasons of mobility or work could not work in an office, but remotely.