Botnet is a set of bots that work autonomously and automatically. The creator of this network can control all computers and/or servers that have been infected.
That is, botnet refers to a group of computers that have been affected by malware. Equipment that has been damaged is referred to as robots, and can run automatically. It is, thus, one of the main threats to global cybersecurity.
What are botnets used for?
- Mass sending of spam emails.
- Denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
- Theft of bitcoins.
- Mass sending of advertising.
How do I know if my computer is part of a botnet?
- Access to the Internet, as well as the execution of applications and / or programs is very slow.
- It is not possible to update the operating system.
- There is content on your social media profile that you haven’t posted.
- The fan is activated, even with the computer turned off.
- Advertising windows open, even when the Internet is not being used.