A link Checker is a tool or program that checks the links of the pages of a website. There are both free and paid versions. It is presented as a function within SEO tools.
The link checker must be fundamental in the optimization of a page, so it must be done on a regular basis by any webmaster.
Table of Contents
Link Checker Features
The Link Checker is a tool that allows you to check links, both in and out, that are defective on the site. What helps is that the respective measures can be taken so that they do not affect your positioning within Google search engines.
Types of Link Checker
One of the most important tasks is to automatically find existing links and display them clearly. Various functions can be performed:
- Check for broken links.
- Check backlinks.
- Check links for outbound and inbound links.
- Link checker for add-ons.
- Anchor text search engine.
Advantages and disadvantages of Link Checker
The advantages of using these tools are as follows:
- It allows you to check the status of incoming and outgoing links and if they are defective.
- It generates reports so that the website does not lose visits or drop in position in search engines.
- It is easy to set up.
- There are several types of Link Checker that help to know and check that the links that are within the web are efficient.
- Free tools.
The disadvantages it presents:
- Not all of them are free tools. There is also a payment.
- It can have a negative influence on the positioning of the website.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of the Link Checker on a website is that it allows you to check the link of the same. It helps to avoid broken links that negatively affect the level of traffic you have on the page. It is a correct way to ensure that the web is well indexed.
Which companies can use Link Checker services?
Any company that wants to improve its visits and improve its positioning in Google engines. It is a way to ensure the optimization of the website of any website.
Free Link Checker Programs
Some free tools that help us to this work are:
- Link Checker Broker for WordPress. It is a plugin for WordPress that performs an analysis of all the content of the website looking for broken links both in the posts and the pages, comments, images … They are notified by e-mail of any failure. It also helps redirects and optionally you can configure it so that search engines do not follow broken links.
- Link Checker for Joomla. It is a Joomla extension that automatically scans the web to look for broken links, both internal and external.
- WC3 Link Checker. Tool that helps us to study the links of our website.
- Website Auditor. It is another tool that can help us in the process. It is located in the SEO of Power Suite. It is responsible for finding the spectacular errors on our website. In addition, it generates detailed reports on the subject.