Converged media is a marketing strategy that combines multiple communication channels to create a more complete consumer experience. Instead of relying on a single channel, such as TV or social media, converged media uses a combination of online and offline channels to reach the target audience more effectively.
The ultimate goal of converged media is to create a seamless integrated customer experience in which brand messages are consistently delivered across all media and platforms. Converged media also allows brands to tailor their content and messaging to different platforms more effectively, thereby optimizing the marketing budget.
Types of converged media
We can classify the means of convergence as follows:
- Social Media: Social media is an essential part of converged media, as it allows brands to interact with their audience in a more personal and direct way. Through content publishing and two-way communication, brands can create a stronger, longer-lasting relationship with their customers.
- Programmatic advertising: Programmatic advertising refers to the use of technology to buy and sell ads in real time. This technique is used to reach consumers online, providing greater reach and better targeting in the audience.
- Out-of-home (OOH) Advertising: Out-of-home advertising, such as billboard ads, on buses, or in subway stations, is another type of converged media. By using OOH, brands can reach consumers on the go, increasing their exposure and brand awareness.
- Content marketing: Content marketing involves the creation and distribution of useful and relevant content, which helps brands attract and retain customers. By combining different types of content, such as blogs, videos, and podcasts, brands can create a more complete and engaging experience for their customers.
Benefits of converged media
Among the advantages of media convergence we can highlight:
- Improves customer experience: By utilizing multiple communication channels, converged media enables brands to create an integrated and consistent customer experience in which messages are consistently delivered across all media and platforms. This improves the customer experience and increases the chances of loyalty.
- Increase marketing effectiveness: By using a combination of online and offline channels, converged media allows brands to reach their target audience more effectively. It also allows them to tailor messages and content to different platforms, increasing marketing effectiveness.
- Improves audience targeting: Programmatic advertising, one of the types of converged media, allows brands to reach consumers more effectively and targeted. By using tracking data and targeting algorithms, brands can show relevant ads to consumers in real time.
- Increase brand exposure: Out-of-home advertising, such as ads on billboards, buses, and subway stations, allows brands to increase their exposure and brand awareness. By reaching consumers on the go, brands can increase their brand visibility and improve their market positioning.
- Encourage interaction and relationship with customers: Social networks, an essential part of converged media, allow brands to interact with their audience in a more personal and direct way. Through publishing relevant content and two-way communication, brands can build a stronger, longer-lasting relationship with their customers. This can lead to increased customer engagement and loyalty towards the brand.