Results marketing, also known as objective marketing or performance marketing, is a type of advertising in which you pay only based on the actual performance of the ads published. Cookies or universal and conversion pixels are some of the tools used by marketing experts to monitor user actions.
Objectives of performance marketing
The objectives that define a results marketing advertising campaign must be quantifiable and can be:
- The registration of new users.
- Increase qualified traffic to a website.
- Increase sales.
- Get subscriptions to newsletters.
Advantages of performance marketing
Small and medium-sized businesses that don’t have large advertising budgets rely on marketing performance for the following reasons:
- Measuring the return on investment (ROI) in actions is easier by considering only the results from the defined objectives.
- Allows you to better control investment by focusing on the most profitable channels
- Real-time measurement enables constant optimization of the company’s actions to assess what works best.
- It can be developed in a wide variety of channels, such as email marketing, display or social ads.