Adobe Photoshop is an image editing software Developed by the company Adobe Systems for Windows devices and Mac Os. Launched for the first time in 1990 for MacOs and for Windows in 1992, Adobe’s flagship tool has been incorporating improvements over the years to become the most complete photo retouching tool, and the favorite of professionals in the sector.
Aimed at graphic design, web design, 3D and photography, it is one of the most used programs in the world, not only at the photographic level but in general.
How Photoshop works
Photoshop works with a payment system through subscriptions which can be monthly or annual, forming a graphic design workshop that includes other Adobe applications such as Adobe Indesign, Adobe Lightroom or Adobe Illustrator.
What Photoshop is for?
The fact that Photoshop is the most used photo retouching program in the world is due to the fact that this is one of the most complete tools in its category, offering an almost unlimited number of possibilities. One of the most representative features of this program is the system of layers, which simulate stacked worksheets. Within these layers we can edit our images with numerous functions:
- Crop, rotate, transpose and straighten.
- Adjust color balances, hue, and saturation.
- Apply imperfection correction tools such as cloning.
- All kinds of effects: blur, distortion, filters, etc …
- Create 3D models and print them
- Lighting, exposure and shadow settings.
- Balance contrast, clarity and intensity.