A web hosting is a generic term used to refer to a type of server that hosts websites and/or related data, applications, and services.
Put more simply, it is what allows your website or blog to be seen by any user with an Internet connection.
It is a service that allows users to publish a website on the internet.
Difference between hosting and domain
A hosting is a place where files are stored. Normally a company offers its web hosting services by renting its servers to store the web, making it easier for other users to access it.
The domain is a website address. The domain name must be registered and is unique, something like your home address. The domain is the unique route to access a certain website.
Types of hosting
- Free hosting: low quality, but viable alternative for non-commercial or professional sites.
- Shared hosting: it is a reserved space, within a server shared between several users, that is, it can host several websites at the same time.
- VPS Hosting: Each website is stored on a powerful server divided into virtual compartments. That is, the client has its own RAM resources, CPU, etc.
- Dedicated Hosting: a complete server for the user. It is expensive but allows maximum flexibility and speed.
How to host a hosting
- Choose the hosting company to work with. Depending on the needs you have, you can choose between the different companies in the market.
- Select the hosting plan. Once you have decided the company with which to work it is important to select what type of hosting we are going to use: shared, VPS, dedicated…
- Change the DNS. It is necessary to change the DNS of the domain for the web to work.
- Upload the web. Through the server with cPanel or FileZilla the web is published on the hosting.