The Brave browser is a web application that focuses on the security and privacy of its users. One of its most relevant features is that it automatically blocks annoying ads and website trackers, allowing for faster and smoother browsing.
In addition, Brave also offers a cryptocurrency rewards system, a faster page loading option, and a private browsing mode, allowing the user to have greater control over their personal information online.
History and evolution
Since its launch in 2016, the Brave web browser has gained a significant user base. In 2019, the company announced that it had reached 8.7 million monthly active users. In 2020, that number increased to more than 16 million monthly active users.
In terms of the geographic distribution of Brave users, the US leads with the highest number of users, closely followed by Europe and Asia. It is also reported that Brave’s user base is constantly growing as more people look for a more secure and private alternative to standard browsers.
Brave Features and Functionality
Among the main features of Brave we can highlight the following:
- Automatic ad blocking and website trackers: One of the main features that make Brave a secure and private browser is its ability to automatically block annoying ads and website trackers. This feature not only improves the user’s browsing experience by preventing unwanted ads, but also increases the speed and fluidity of browsing.
- Cryptocurrency Reward System: Brave offers its users a cryptocurrency reward system that allows them to earn money while browsing online. The browser uses a digital currency called Basic Attention Token (BAT) that is awarded to users for viewing selected ads. Users can contribute to websites and content creators with BAT, which helps create a fairer content ecosystem and benefits both users and creators.
- Faster page loading: Brave uses a system that reduces the amount of data websites have to transfer to load, speeding up page loading and improving overall browsing speed.
- Private browsing mode: Like other browsers, Brave offers a private browsing mode that allows the user to browse without leaving traces in the browsing history and without the search information being stored. However, unlike other browsers, Brave offers additional privacy options like fingerprint blocking and third-party script blocking.
How to install Brave
To install Brave on a computer, follow these steps:
- Visit the official Brave website and select the download option corresponding to the operating system. Brave is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS.
- Once the installation file has downloaded, click it to open it. Click “Yes” to continue.
- This will be followed by an installation wizard that will guide the installation process. Click “Next” to continue.
- Read and agree to Brave’s terms and conditions of use and click “Next”.
- Select where you want to install Brave on your computer. By default, it will be installed in the default location.
- Finally, review the installation settings and click “Install” to begin installing Brave on your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, click “Finish” to close the installation wizard.
After installing Brave, you can begin customization and adjust personal settings and preferences. It’s advisable to take advantage of security and privacy features such as blocking annoying ads and website trackers, cryptocurrency reward system, and private browsing mode.