is a word of English origin and that can be translated into Spanish as portfolio, to refer to handbag or suitcase to transport documents.
However, when we talk about portfolio we want to refer to all the work done by a professional or company throughout his professional career.
In the workplace, therefore, it has been extended to refer to the presentation of works, mainly in graphic works (architects, designers, web developers, advertisers …)
The portfolio can be either of a person, to show the works of his professional career, or business, when it refers to the work of a company or organization.
In the field of marketing, both designers and copyists, strategists and all kinds of specialists, must have a digital portfolio as something essential.
What is the goal?
The portfolio aims to be able to present both personal and company works in an organized way and in an easily accessible way. What it achieves is that future employers and employees can quickly see what is being done both individually and in the company.
How to make a portfolio?
The portfolio, as already mentioned, is essential to show professional performance, skills and capture the attention of both potential customers and future employers. That is why it is essential to take into account the following tips:
- Gather data and materials. It is essential to collect all the material and information of the professional career. In this process, the fundamental thing is to take into account the market to which it is directed, who are those who make the contract. If you are targeting clients, you should include work that demonstrates the achievements that have been achieved.
- Organize information. You have to give order and meaning to the information you want to transmit so that it reaches the recipient in the best possible way and thus can capture what you want to transmit.
- Present the portfolio. Once all of the above is done, it is necessary to make it real. It can be both in digital and physical format.
Tips for creating a digital portfolio
- Look for a platform that has a responsive design and is optimized. In this way it will adapt optimally to all types of devices such as mobiles, tablets or PCs.
- Simplicity, graphic design rules and web design. It is essential to leave blank spaces, use graphic resources that lighten the content and a color palette that is uniform.
- Welcome video. What is achieved is to generate trust and gives a more human and personal aspect to the personal brand.
- Updates should be made on a regular basis. It is best to do it every month or every quarter and remove all older or outdated content.
- Use SEO to increase your appearance in searches.
- Add testimonials and reviews. Just like when we look for reviews to know if a product is good or bad, it can be very helpful to have positive experiences and build trust among potential employers and / or customers.