Portfolio refers to the handbag or suitcase to transport documents.
However, to speak of portfolio is to allude to the set of works carried out by a person or company throughout their professional career. That is, the portfolio can belong to both an individual creative (to collect the orders received) and a business (when it serves to expose the work of a company or organization).
In the workplace, this concept has been extended to designate the presentation of works, mainly projects in the graphic sector (architects, designers, web developers, advertisers …).
In the field of digital marketing, it is essential to have a digital portfolio. Designers, copyists, strategists and other specialists need it as a cover letter.
Table of Contents
What is the goal?
The portfolio aims to present both individual and company works in an organized and easily accessible way. It allows future employers, clients or collaborators to quickly see what the person or business is capable of doing.
How to make a portfolio?
The portfolio is essential to showcase professional performance and skills, as well as to capture the attention of potential customers or future employers. Therefore, it is essential to take into account a series of tips:
- Gather data and materials. It is key to collect all the material, as well as different details about the professional trajectory. In this process it is necessary to take into account the market to which it is directed, who are the ones who make the contract. If it is customer-oriented, work that demonstrates achievements should be included.
- Organize information. It is necessary to give order and coherence to the information that is intended to be transmitted so that it reaches the recipient in the best possible way.
- Present the portfolio. After performing the above steps, you have to make it a reality. It can be developed in both digital and physical formats.
Tips for creating a digital portfolio
- Look for a platform that has a responsive design and is optimized. In this way it will adapt optimally to all types of devices (mobiles, tablets or pcs).
- Take into account simplicity, graphic design rules and web design. It is essential to leave blank spaces, use graphic resources that lighten the content and use a color palette that is uniform.
- Incorporate a welcome video. It is possible to generate trust, offer a more human image and close to the personal brand.
- Perform updates on a regular basis. The ideal is to make them every month or every quarter and delete all older or outdated content.
- Use SEO to increase the appearance in searches.
- Add testimonials and reviews. Just like when reviewing reviews to find out if a product is recommended or not, it can be very useful to gather positive experiences to build trust among potential employers and/or customers.