Moz is a software platform that brings together a set of tools aimed at working on everything related to digital marketing in relation to SEO and Social Media. It is one of the benchmarks in the field of digital marketing tools, which thanks to its various functionalities have a high number of users.
Origin of Moz
Conceived in 2004 in the United States as a digital marketing and SEO blog, it was from 2009 when they decided to create a software oriented to work SEO. Over the years it went from a classic orientation of search engine positioning (more based on Google techniques and algorithms) to a much broader and more complex one, covering more areas of digital marketing.
Funconalities of Moz
One of the advantages offered by MOZ is the integration of multiple tools in the same platform that make it easier for us to connect with our audience and improve our content. Among the various functionalities offered by Moz, we highlight the following:
- Open Site Explorer:it is a google simulator that allows us to index web domains and thus know the strength and authority of them. It also gives us information about the anchor text of the link, whether or not it is a follow or if it is a subdomain.
- On-page Grader:this tool performs an analysis of the optimization of each of the pages of your website in relation to those keywords for which you want to position.
- Rank Tracker: Moz’s tracking tool allows you to monitor the keywords for which you want to position your URL to see how they move within the search pages.
- Crawl Test:performs an analysis of the links of a URL and provides us with all kinds of technical information about them.
- Keyword Explorer: very complete keyword selector, being in some respects better than the google keyword planner and offering very interesting options such as the possibility of measuring the difficulty when positioning a word or its future potential.
- Mozbar: it is an extension for Mozilla and Google Chrome that allows us to quickly visualize the most important condensed information.