A helpdesk is a communication resource that serves as a communication channel for both the customer and the entrepreneur. It allows to store all the messages exchanged by the interlocutor and make a database of follow-ups and incidents through a unique ticket system for each of them. It is a very valuable marketing tool because it reinforces the organization and efficiency of a company.
It is mainly used to give information or resolve doubts to a certain user in relation to the products and services of companies or organizations. In short, the purpose of a help desk is, in essence, to solve problems or provide guidance about certain products or incidents.
It works very simply. Customers contact the support service if there is a problem or doubt. One of the company’s employees responds to the customer’s request. The helpdesk helps to track through the different channels from the same software after assigning the request a unique ticket number. Support through helpdesk is not only used by customers, it is also designed to provide assistance to employees.
It provides a single (or multiple) point of contact so users can get troubleshooting help, get answers to questions, and resolve known issues. A helpdesk usually handles your requests through the use of software, such as problem tracking systems, which often involve the use of a “local bug manager” or Local Bug Tracker (LBT).
This system allows the help desk to track and sort user requests with the help of a unique number, and can frequently classify problems by user, computer program or similar categories. Many software applications are available to support the support function.
Advantages of implementing a helpdesk
In the mid-1990s, Robert Gordon University studied the value of an organization’s helpdesk. It was found that value derives not only from a reactive response to user problems, but also from the helpdesk’s unique position to communicate daily with numerous customers or employees. Information obtained in areas such as technical problems, user preferences, and satisfaction can be valuable for the planning and development of other information technology units.
The main advantage offered by the use of a helpdesk is, without a doubt, its effectiveness for the organization of companies. In addition, it can be considered a collaborative tool, as it allows all members of a team to access users’ messages and seek solutions to them from different approaches: communication, marketing, finance, etc.
Most help desks have other advantages, such as:
- The ability to sort messages made through different channels (phone, email, chat, website form, etc.) in the same database.
- They offer an important variety of plans with different rates to be available to both small entrepreneurs and large companies.
- They work in the cloud. Thus, they can be used by different users in different locations at the same time and be available on mobile phones through their own applications.
- They have a technical assistance service for possible incidents.
- Some helpdesks allow you to make reports on the periodic activity of the company.
- They can integrate with third-party applications, such as Salesforce.
It offers a customer service portal, online communities and self-help page. With ease of integrating tools such as Analytics and Salesforce, it is one of the most powerful software on the market.
Products offered by Zendesk:
- Zendesk Support:Cloud support for customers.
- Zendesk Chat:Real-time chat and messaging service.
- Zendesk Guide:self-help service that allows you to provide smarter self-service responses thanks to artificial intelligence.
- Zendesk Talk: phone support.
- Zendesk Explore: monitors the most relevant customer data to be able to design a more efficient customer profile.
- Zendesk Gather:this is a forum where customers can exchange their doubts and solutions for the same problem.
- Zendesk Sell– Automates sales teams to improve productivity.
Through a ticket system, Zoho collects information from interactions that occurred in several sources to present them in the same place. It allows integration with the CRM to gain information about the user and keep track of customer satisfaction. One of its biggest advantages is that it allows you to organize tickets automatically according to estimated criteria, such as expiration date, type of customer or status (open, closed, pending, etc.).
It has an editor with context, which suggests even possible solutions to simple or repetitive customer problems. Like Zendesk, it allows integration with other customer support applications and has a self-help community.
It is one of the most intuitive helpdesk software. Also through tickets it is able to unify the interactions of different channels, including social networks. It has similar advantages to the previous two examples: customer support, self-help communities, automations, reporting and analysis, etc.
Their prices range from 19 euros per month per agent with the basic service (they also have a free trial), to 125 euros per month per agent for the most complex plan.
Rates of a helpdesk
This type of software with ticket system usually has a wide range of rates available to fit the budget of each company. Typically, they offer personalized plans based on the services purchased and the number of authorized agents. Therefore, the best option is to ask for a custom budget according to the needs of the company.
Many of the helpdesks offer free trials for users to estimate whether or not they consider it appropriate to become customers, but if you want to get the most out of it, it is normal to get a paid plan.