Bard is a conversational artificial intelligence system created by Google, designed to compete with ChatGPT. Based on Google’s LaMDA language model, it aims to provide a conversational AI tool to users that allows them to get complete and general answers to their queries using natural language, thus improving online searches.
This Google AI is in constant connection to the internet, allowing you to get up-to-date, high-quality answers from various online sources in seconds. In addition to answering questions, Bard has the potential to be used in a wide range of applications, from explaining concepts to children to helping users create personalized workout routines.
How Bard works
Although full details on how Bard works have not yet been provided, some clues have been revealed about how this conversational artificial intelligence will work. Here’s a general rundown of how Bard is expected to work:
- Internet connection: Unlike other conversational AI models, such as ChatGPT, Bard will be constantly connected to the internet. This will allow you to provide answers based on up-to-date and relevant information.
- Gain insights: Bard will search for information online, analyze content, and use that data to generate high-quality responses to user queries. AI will use its natural language processing capability to understand questions asked in a natural language and answer appropriately and accurately.
- Integration with Google: Bard will be integrated as a search feature within Google, allowing users to easily use it while searching on the platform. Although the full scope of Bard’s features is unknown, it is expected to be versatile and useful for a wide range of purposes.
Difference between Bard and ChatGPT
Although all the details about Bard have not yet been revealed, some key differences can be identified between Bard (Google’s conversational artificial intelligence) and ChatGPT (developed by OpenAI). Here are some notable differences:
- Internet connection: Bard will be constantly connected to the Internet, allowing you to provide answers based on up-to-date and relevant information. On the other hand, ChatGPT is not constantly connected to the internet and may provide outdated information in some cases.
- Integration into search platforms: Bard will be integrated directly into Google’s search function, allowing users to make queries and get answers from AI without leaving the search engine. ChatGPT, although being implemented in Bing by Microsoft, is an OpenAI product and is not directly integrated into the Google search engine.
- Underlying technology: Bard is based on LaMDA, an experimental language model developed by Google specifically for dialogue applications. On the other hand, ChatGPT is based on OpenAI’s GPT architecture, which is different from LaMDA in terms of design and approach.
- Purpose: Although both AI systems aim to provide conversational and accurate answers to users’ questions, Google has mentioned that Bard can also be used to foster creativity and satisfy users’ curiosity in different contexts. ChatGPT, while also versatile, focuses primarily on answering questions and performing specific tasks.