Tracking is a term that refers to all those actions with which indices used to quantify the behavior of certain variables at different points in time are followed and measured. It is closely linked to digital marketing.
What is tracking?
Tracking is a marketing technique that allows you to know the effectiveness of a specific campaign through multiple tools.
In other words, tracking is a way to know the performance of the advertising campaigns that are being carried out. It allows you to detect from the platform that users are arriving at your landing page and know what activity the lead is developing.
In this way, we can know which campaigns have been most effective and measure returns in objective numbers. It also allows us to expand knowledge for future campaigns and optimize resources to achieve maximum efficiency.
Some metrics that are taken into consideration:
- Number of visits to the website
- Origin of the visits
- Number of contacts achieved (via phone, email or other channels)
What is Tracking for?
Tracking is a way to obtain the possible data about a marketing campaign that has been carried out, both online and offline.
Thanks to this, you can not only know how current campaigns are working but also allow you to identify opportunities for improvement, make decisions and design future strategies. For this we have tools such as Google Analytics.
Another function is to compare the movements between several domains, also with the help of Google Analytics.
In conclusion, we can say that tracking serves to know how campaigns generate more sales and know if the resources that have been established generate the expected return on investment.
Tools for Tracking Development
Today there are multiple tracking tools (some have already been referred to in the previous sections). The fundamental thing is to know what information we want to obtain, since the decision will depend on that information.
- Google Analytics. Tool that has been created by Google, allows to know and understand key information about the visitors of the website. It allows you to track statistics such as pages visited, time spent, demographic information…
- Adobe Analytics. It enables powerful segmentation capability and easy-to-read visuals of your website data. In addition, it allows you to measure the customer route, traffic sources, the effectiveness of the content, the role of the videos or who visits the website.
- ClickTale. The tool offers to know the actual browsing behavior. It favors the usability of the website and with it the possibility of increasing conversion rates.
- Cyfe. Favors to monitor the performance of a particular social media platform. It also allows you to crawl multiple websites, which is useful for larger brands and agencies.
- Ad Trackz Gold. It helps us to perform control and optimize data. In addition, you can know where all the traffic comes from and then analyze, in an automatic way, the return on investment of those sources.
- Walmeric. It’s a good company if you run campaigns that generate phone calls that need to be tracked. The data you can provide us is where and how calls about the campaigns have entered, with customer data, details of each of them (who does it, on what date and at what time) and the marketing tasks that have achieved more links.
- Clickmagik. It offers cross-device tracking that helps to easily and accurately track sales from any channel.
- BeMob. A paid tool that helps manage advertising campaigns, identify the most profitable traffic sources for the brand, measure the performance of landing pages and facilitate very detailed reports.