Facebook Ads is the advertising platform of the social network Facebook that aims to promote products and services through publications or ads of text, image or video. It is a marketing channel widely used by companies due to its large audience (about 2,200 million people) and its great possibilities of segmentation.
How Facebook Ads works
Its operation is simpler than that of search engine advertising, so it has become a tool widely used by small businesses looking for limited promotions geographically and over time. However, as with any digital marketing channel, it is more effective for an expert to design and monitor campaigns in Facebook Ads.
Types of advertising in Facebook Ads
On Facebook there are several advertising formats, which it is recommended to use depending on the objectives pursued by the advertiser. The objectives must be previously defined according to the business goals and consist of the interaction that is sought by the public.
Facebook ads allows you to choose between the following objectives:
- Recognition. They are the objectives that generate interest in your product or service.
- Consideration. Facebook includes here the objectives that manage to arouse interest about your company in the people who are impacted by one or more ads.
- Conversions. The ultimate goal is to encourage people to acquire the product or service offered by the company.
The most used objectives in social media campaigns are, within consideration, traffic and interaction. Traffic campaigns are those that aim to attract the largest number of users to a website, a social profile or an application and are more useful when the ultimate goal is conversions (sales, forms, etc.). Interaction, on the other hand, are the most appropriate if a goal related to brand image (branding) is pursued.
From these premises, we can choose the type of ad in Google Ads that best suits our campaign and that can be one of the following:
- Promoted posts.
- Text ads
- Image ads
Advantages of Facebook Ads
Among the advantages of Facebook Ads we can highlight the following:
- Ease of use. You don’t need a technical profile to make the most basic types of campaigns.
- Segmentation. Possibility to segment by age, location, interests, etc.
- Analysis tools. Facebook provides data and analytics tools to optimize campaigns.