Content curation refers to a strategy that consists of analyzing, tracking and collecting interesting information about a certain topic, sector or field.
What is content curation?
Content curation is a process by which it is about finding and collecting content online to be able to share it on your own channels. It is not a proprietary content, as can happen in content marketing, but rather it is a useful content for readers.
What is content curation for?
With the content curation its ultimate purpose is two highlights:
- On the one hand, it selects useful content for the audience as a way to attract the public and build loyalty. In addition, it is also a way to increase the value of the brand.
- On the other hand, by collecting all the information in one place, what you are doing is saving users time. It’s saving them the work of having to search for them themselves.
How to make a good content curation?
In order to achieve the objectives previously established, a series of tips must be taken into account:
- Establish the interests of your audience. It is essential to know the interests and needs of the audience and that they are aligned with the objectives of the company.
- Find, filter, and organize content. First you should look for the information that can be considered interesting, then filter the content according to the relevance it has for the brand and the audience. Finally, you must create a content plan to organize it.
- Add a personal touch. An extra has to be established to the cured content. It is of interest but not mandatory to give a fresh air to the publication. In addition, it allows to show the vision of the brand.
- Name the sources. It is sharing information and not appropriating information. That is why it is essential to name the sources. It is considered not only a malpractice but also offers a bad image of the brand.
- Distribute the content. Generate your own content. It is essential to generate your own content and that it is of quality, useful and original.
Tools for content curation
Some tools that can help you with this activity are:
- Buffer. It is considered one of the first tools that develops this work.
- Instapaper. It is a very useful tool, since it favors saving publications while browsing the web.
- Feedly. Favorite tool for bloggers. It gathers information from the audience’s preferred sources and can organize it into thematic categories.
- TalkWalker. It is a tool found in Hootsuite. It has an alert that serves to inform of the various trends in social networks.