Trust is a very important element in any transaction. In any CRO project this is an essential aspect to review since poor trust management can have a very negative impact on the conversion rates of an e-commerce.
That is why we wanted to summarize some of the elements that we consider fundamental when establishing customer-supplier trust links in an online business.
Basic tips to increase the confidence of an online business:
1) Strengthen the person-person bond:The buyer is a person and expects to make the purchase not to a website or a machine, but to another person. It is important that in the fundamental moments of the purchase process the buyer has the feeling of being accompanied and advised by a seller.
This is achieved:
2) Appear professional (in addition to being so). Sometimes a company has excellent professionals and a website with an outdated or conceptually poorly developed design can destroy the image and project an image inferior to the real one. A professional and careful design is essential for a website to convert.
3) Take care of the loading speed of the web. It is preferable to sacrifice graphic elements to have a slow web. It is proven that the conversion decreases in the same proportion in which the loading time increases.
4) Facilitate contact. On all pages a contact form or a direct link to it should appear, as well as a telephone number
5) Do not request more data than necessary: avoid that the client wonders suspiciously: “Why will they be asking me this?”.
6) Be transparent:avoid asterisks, footnotes, texts in small print, legal notices at every step that instead of giving confidence create suspicion …
7) Take care of the texts, the spelling and avoid talking too much about “us”,when who should be talked about is the client and the advantages you will get with our product / service. Do not abuse technical language that the customer may not understand.
8) Maintain aesthetics in all steps. The user experience should be smooth and without excessive changes. If you arrive at a landing page, you will need to have the same aesthetics as the site. Similarly, when starting a purchase process, you should not vary the appearance.
This could create confusion in the user, who could wonder if he is still on the same website or have been referred to another site, and stop the purchase process because of that insecurity.
9) Create and optimize a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page,trying to answer all possible objections from customers.
10) Offer credible testimonials or customer logos. Avoid photos from image banks in testimonials. Before putting a caramelized opinion with a photo of a model on the page, it is better not to put anything.